Quotes from Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Clementine: You're not a stalker or anything, right?

Joel: I'm not a stalker. You're the one that talked to me, remember?

Clementine: That is the oldest trick in the stalker book.

Joel: Really? There's a stalker book? Great, I gotta read that one.


Clementine: Joel, I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.

Joel: I remember that speech really well.

Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I?

Joel: You had the whole human race pegged.

Clementine: Probably.

Joel: I still thought you were going to save me. Even after that.

Clementine: I know.


Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.

Joel: I know.

Clementine: What do we do?

Joel: Enjoy it.


[During Joel's exploration of a memory]

Joel: I'm in my head already, Aren't I?

Howard: I suppos so. This- this is about what it would look like.


Joel: [In the house on the beach] I really should go! I've gotta catch my ride.

Clementine: So go.

Joel: I did. I thought maybe you were a nut... but you were exciting.

Clementine: I wish you had stayed.

Joel: I wish I had stayed too. Now I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do.

Clementine: Well I came back downstairs and you were gone!

Joel: I walked out, I walked out the door!

Clementine: Why?

Joel: I don't know. I felt like I was a scared little kid, I was like... it was above my head, I don't know.

Clementine: You were scared?

Joel: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation.

Clementine: Was it something I said?

Joel: Yeah, you said "so go." With such disdain, you know?

Clementine: Oh, I'm sorry.

Joel: It's okay.


Clementine: You know me, I'm impulsive.

Joel: That's what I love about you.


Joel: I can't see anything I don't like about you.

Clementine: But you will, you will think of things and I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.

Joel: Ok.

 

0 comentarios: